We are always looking for ways to enhance both the school and to impact the community. It is time to take another step in achieving that. After consultation with Brother Charles (school manager), and much prayer, we believe that the Lord has led us to begin a Poultry Raising Project at the school. This endeavor will provide the following impact.
1. Introduction of a protein rich traditional meal (chicken, rice, and vegetables) into the existing school lunch program.
2. Wisdom Christ Church can introduce periodic invitation and fellowship Sundays, where congregants and visitors would enjoy a chicken meal.
3. We would employ two young men from the community to be trained in chicken rearing, under the supervision of the school staff. They would be responsible for care of the poultry.
4. Once a month, depending on the number of birds available, we would sell some of the chickens to the general public at a lower than market price. This would be in our quest to improve food security and affordability to this impoverished community. Proceeds will allow purchase of new chicks and feed.
5. Incorporate this entrepreneurship model into the curriculum of the upper grades, showing them an example of business start-up and management.
The project will include an 800 square foot building and all the necessary equipment to house 200 broiler chickens. Brother Charles has consulted with local poultry experts and suppliers, as well as our building contractor. The total cost for the project will be $6,000 (includes the building, necessary equipment, chicks, feed, vitamins and medicine). This relatively small investment will have a huge impact on both the school and community.
We welcome your donations to help us with this vital new program!
To DONATE NOW, click here.