Zambia education is closed for all other elementary (K-7 in Zambia) students.
The students in Zambia are on a trimester system. They normally have their breaks in April, August, and December. But this year, they missed a third of March, all of April and May, putting them about 6 weeks behind. The 7th graders returned to school on June 1 and will get a shorter break in the fall. They normally take their exams around the first of November. This year, the 7th graders will take their exams on December 21st. Hopefully, the students will be fully prepared by that time for their exams.
- The 57 students are divided into 3 classrooms (maximum of 20 students per classroom).
- Both the teachers and students have to wear masks in and out of the class room.
- All students and staff will have their temperature taken each day as they arrive.
- Students are not be allowed to interact as usual, either at break or lunch time
- Hand sanitizers with water buckets, are at the main gate, toilet and classrooms.
- Any student or teacher with flu like symptoms will not be allowed in class.
- No handshakes.
- An emergency call center will be alerted if any student or teacher has a temperature above normal.
NEW TEACHING:ALL of the teaching staff in the school will teach the 7th graders in three classrooms. All teachers will be involved in preparation and the teaching.